About the OHS
The Old Harrisonian Society is a registered charity established to:
- Foster friendly relationships between members
- Assist Harrison College by the provision or improvement of facilities
- Promote the welfare of the College
- Encourage social fellowships between members
We at the OHS are committed to these objectives. With the help of our past students and friends, we have raised significant funds to:
- Pave the driveway to the College;
- Build a Commemorative Wall;
- Computerise the mechanism of the War Memorial Clock;
- Provide the Music Department with new instruments; and
- Refurbish the E.W. “Heads” Marshall pavilion.
Our work does not stop there. Each year we make contributions to provide scholarships to past and present students, purchase athletic trophies, assist members who have fallen on hard times, acquire books for the College library, purchase computers and assist student-organised clubs. We also host a number of events annually, including sports activities and House Party during Founder’s Week, and our fast-growing Christmas Party.
The OHS is headed by a Council which is elected every year at the Annual General Meeting.